WITH ALL YOUR HEART!
Interested in learning the benefits of heart rate training? Look no further! We've got you covered with this summary of your trainers' top 5:
1. Live heart rate training allows for your trainer to guide you into the correct zone during your workout for cardiovascular benefits. For example, during RRC POWER track repeats or HIIT IT BUILD tuck jumps, we want you to reach 85-95% of your max heart rate during each push in order to improve your VO2max.
2. It can help your trainer identify warning signs such as over training, dehydration, low electrolyte levels, cardiac drift, or abnormal heart rate responses to exercise. For example, after your workout it is a sign of a healthy heart if your heart rate recovers by at least 12 beats in the first minute of recovery.
3. It allows for specificity in training and achieving goals (at any level). Whether you are aiming to run a marathon this Fall or lose weight, the details matter. For example, during RRC Pursuit (your weekly tempo run with flair!) or HIIT IT ENDURE, maintaining a heart rate zone 75-85% of your heart rate max will teach your body to access fuel faster during the long, slow runs, burn a lot of calories, and build endurance.
4. It is a visual representation of improved fitness level over time. This means you receive more data to prove what you already know! You get to watch your heart rate response to a certain work load improve/decrease as you get closer to your goals.
5. Heart rate can be an indicator that minor adjustments need to be made for major improved performance and increased calorie burn! For example, when we are fatigued at the end of a workout, we tend to have a tight grip, pull our shoulders into our ears, and hold our breathe. By reversing these, your beats per minute comes down and you are able to go longer and harder than before.