SPRING BREAK SURVIVAL
With Spring break just around the corner, we are happy to give our community our Top 10 Spring Break Survival go-to's that your very own RISE Trainers use when we travel. The goal isn't to be perfect (because we ALL need to float away for a week now & then), but instead to be aware and intentional.
1. Move before it gets hot: Aim for a quick 30-minute workout. If you get up & go before the heat, you will have gotten at least 1/2 of your day's steps in and can relax.
*RISE trainer recommendation: include a buddy to make it more fun.
2. Hydrate: Avoid a hangover or dehydration by drinking 8-12oz of water between each cocktail.
*RISE trainer recommendation: sneak a NUUN electrolyte tablet in your water once a day too!
3. Less Sugar & Sodium: Make choices that are lower in sugar to reduce empty calorie consumption and energy slumps. Avoiding high sodium foods will help to reduce water retention and swelling as well as that dry-mouthed feeling.
*RISE trainer recommendation: make fresh margaritas with limes & oranges rather than using a mix.
4. 4 Workouts in 7 days: We want you to try to maintain some strength & endurance during vacation. We lose muscle 3x as fast as we gain it!
5. Play: Grab the football, dive for pennies, race your friend down the beach. Move!
6. Navigating restaurants is tough, but it is easier with these code words: "dry, no butter, skip the oil, dressing on the side, grilled, steamed, no fried."
*RISE trainer recommendation: Your plate should = 3/4 veggies (lots of colors) + 1/4 lean protein.
7. Walk to get dessert or late night on the sand: Consider finding a group activity to do after dinner that includes walking to get the second half of your steps for the day.
8. Rent bikes: This is a great way to pick up fresh produce & that evening's dinner or to tour the island.
9. Let yourself off the hook a little: Don't try to be perfect on vacation, just be mindful.
*RISE trainer recommendation: Prioritize what exceptions are at the top of your list this week.
10. Get back on the bandwagon the first day you return: That's right. Day 1, get back in the studio and sweat it all out. It won't be pretty, but it will be worth it.
Enjoy every second of your Spring Break and we will see you back on Day #1!
-Your RISE Trainers